Monday, December 21, 2015

Are You on the NAUGHTY or NICE List for Social Media?

by Edie Melson @EdieMelson


I’m in a holiday sort of mood, so I thought I’d carry it over into my social media post today.  

I hope you enjoy my impromptu quiz. To stay on Santa’s nice list, no cheating allowed. 

Take the quiz first, then look at the answers below.

Rules
I’ve kept it short because we’re all time-challenged right now.
Read each statement and decide whether following it puts you on the NAUGHTY or NICE list.
Give yourself 2 points for each correct answer.

Naughty or Nice Pop Quiz
1. You try to thank those who follow you on social media.

2. You load your social media updates with hashtags—the more the merrier.

3. You avoid sounding like you're lecturing on your blog by using we and I instead of you.

4. You take time to do a quick typo check before you send out an update.

5. You send out updates, but don’t bother with conversations because they’re too time-consuming.

6. You try to reciprocate when someone mentions you on social media.

7. You use Edie’s 5 to 1 rule about updates to keep your social media from becoming me focused.

8. You have found your social media sweet spot and are concentrating your effort there instead of trying to do everything.

9. You use images you find online without making sure about copyright because they should be all right to use since they're available to the public.

10. You expect people to share your social media updates, but rarely share things from others.

11. You try to be consistent in the time you spend on social media, keeping it to no more than thirty minutes a day.

12. Social media is overwhelming so you only do it when you have to.

13. You watch your social media numbers like a hawk—frequently checking several times a day to see that they’re growing.

14. You try every new social media network that comes along.

15. You utilize a scheduling program to manage your social media updates.

Scoring
16 points: Perfection!
14-15 points: You’re well on your way to social media success.
11-13 points: You’re headed in the right direction, but it’s time to up your game.
6-10 points: Uh-Oh, you probably need to brush up on some of the basics.
1-5 points: It’s time to spend some time learning how to utilize social media.

Thanks for playing along. Be sure to post your score in the comments section below.

Don’t forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,
Edie

TWEETABLES


Answers:
1. Yes
2. No
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. No
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. No
10. No
11. Yes
12. No
13. No
14. No

15. Yes

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant post. I scored a 13 because I read your previous posts and implemented the advice. I must cut my Social Media time down to 30 min per day. I am at 1 hour. I am addicted. Thank you for all your help. Merry Christmas my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherrilynn, thank you! Yep, work on that time girl. Thanks for stopping by, Blessings, E

      Delete
  2. Your scoring is off, but I'm on my way, I think. I saw a couple of things I wasn't doing (forgetting to say thanks for the follow - blush!!!). I won't do that again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ane, I got the scoring fixed - Thanks! And truth be told, I didn't score a perfect either! Blessings, E

      Delete
  3. I didn't score perfect either, but close. The one thing I don't do often is thank people for sharing, mostly because I don't them to thank me for sharing their tweets. I usually get a notification when they thank me, and that takes time to look at--eats into my 30 minutes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on that one! Fills up my inbox and notification list. I try to instead reciprocate by re-tweeting something of theirs.

      Delete