Saturday, April 25, 2015

The Recharging Power of Wasting Time

One thing I've learned as a writer is that it's critical for me to build time into my schedule to waste time. For me, it refuels my creative well. 

What do you like to do that might qualify as wasting time?

"I like this place and could willingly waste my time in it." -William Shakespeare
(Photo take in Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, CO)






Share your thoughts in the comment section below.

I also invite you to use this image any way you like online. Post it to your blog, share it on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, anywhere you'd like. All I ask is that you keep it intact, with my website watermark visible.

Don't forget to join the conversation!
Blessings,
Edie

9 comments:

  1. Play solitaire on my iPad. It's a waste of time, but it relaxes me and helps shut down my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching science fiction. I call it mindless tv. It actually gives me inspiration for writing Flash Fiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cherrilynn, that is my go-to genre for inspirational TV watching! I'm a HUGE scifi fan. Blessings, E

      Delete
  3. Edie,

    Sometimes everything I do seems like a waste of time (LOL), but I'm sure that's not what you're talking about!

    Most of the web surfing I do qualifies as "wasted time". True, it usually begins with a productive goal in mind, but it rarely ends with the accomplishment of that goal. Some days, I totally forget the goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie Lynn, I know just what you mean! Blessings, E

      Delete
  4. I watch TV. That's mostly wasting time, but.......I read during the commercials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole, it helps me engage my story-telling muscles! Blessings, E

      Delete
  5. Isn't it sad we can not enjoy our time of recharging. Of taking a few moments of leisure. To just slow down. We castigate ourselves and punish the little child in each of us and send her to her room. We make ourselves miss so much. Isn't the childish times the Father can communicate to us the best?
    There's something about Mary and Martha that we still have not learned.
    Even Jonathan took some time to shoot arrows into the air.

    ReplyDelete