Saturday, September 1, 2012

Weekend Worship—Time Enough


But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness,and all these things will be provided for you. Matthew 6:33

Have you ever noticed how there aren’t enough hours in the day? I certainly have, in fact, that’s probably been one of the biggest complaints in my life. It frustrates me, I have such good intentions, but there seems to be no way to carry them out. I began to pray about this problem and as I did, slowly, God helped me see the answers. I definitely haven’t arrived as far as solving this problem, but I finally feel like I’m on the right track.

Essentially, God showed me that I’m not capable of ordering my day effectively without His guidance. He, not me, is the one who has the foreknowledge to prepare for upcoming things in my life. He reminded me that He is never surprised by events, circumstances or people. When I put Him first, and make my relationship with Him a priority, then everything else falls into place. There is no earthly explanation for this miracle, but I can attest to it in every aspect of my life.

Challenge: Take a week and every day, especially when you don’t have time, read a verse of two of Scripture and pray. Watch what God does with your time—I dare you!


10 comments:

  1. I made this commitment several years ago, and it changed my life. Do I always get done everything I want to do in a day? Not always, but I'm no longer frustrated because I released the day to Him and He directed it.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, thanks for sharing! It really does make a difference. Thanks for stopping by, Blessings, E

      Delete
  2. What timely and wise advice--thanks for sharing! About a month ago, I came across a blog site that has really helped me get in the habit of reading God's word first thing in the morning. (http://shereadstruth.com/) Thanks again for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, thanks for stopping by and also for sharing that site! Blessings, E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Edie, for the reminder. I have struggled with daily prayer and Bible time my entire life, but something always gets in the way. But I can do it for one week ... and then the week after that ... and maybe the week after that ... When I don't check-in, He misses me. Isn't that the most wonderful thought? The God of the universe misses ME (and all of his children)! Blessings, Jan Elder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had that problem as well but one day I asked God to wake me up earlier - 6 am actually. He did. And in that time, with no distractions, I finally found the connection He wanted. Yes - He does miss us.
      If I get off this schedule - people can tell. I get cranky, irritable, and lose focus.

      If you want something not to get in your way - ask God. He will make the way for you to have time with Him.

      Blessings and may you find that daily connection,
      Jan

      Delete
  5. Jan, I think this is something we all struggle with. And you're so right—He does miss us when we don't show up! Thanks so much for dropping by, Blessings, E

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edie, thanks for the great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the the problem of distractions and time as well. One day I asked God to wake me up earlier - 6 am actually. He did. And in that time, with no distractions, I finally found the connection He wanted. Yes - He does miss us.He has been waking me ever since.

    If I get off this schedule - people can tell. I get cranky, irritable, and lose focus.

    If you want something not to get in your way - ask God. He will make the way for you to have time with Him.

    Blessings and may you find that daily connection,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why has it taken me so long to recognize that I can't write Christian non-fiction unless I have an intimate relationship with God?? If I skip time with Him, my writing stinks!

    ReplyDelete